List:       apache-httpd-users
Subject:    Re: [users@httpd] Request Handling (over to mod_jk) seems to take ages
From:       Nick Kew <nick () webthing ! com>
Date:       2013-03-26 16:00:09

On 26 Mar 2013, at 15:31, Behal Andreas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone help me understand why apache seems to take seconds for just handing a \
> request over to mod_jk?

Nope.  But I can suggest some possible lines of investigation.

1.  It's pausing for a DNS lookup.  See the Hostnamelookups docs.
2.  Something expects more data and is only continuing when it times out.
     Could be a bogus Content-Length or messed chunking somewhere.
3.  You're misreading something.  For example, does your
    %{JK_REQUEST_DURATION} include the backend's time, and
    if not, are you just failing to count it?

--
Nick Kew