List:       apache-httpd-users
Subject:    [users@httpd] mod_proxy ProxyPass max parameter and ThreadsPerChild
From:       codefruit <codefruit () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2011-11-29 10:29:49

Hello,

I am using Apache 2.2 with the MPM worker. I have some questions about
the interaction between the 'max' parameter that can be added to a
mod_proxy ProxyPass configuration line and the MPM worker
ThreadsPerChild value.

From reading the docs, my understanding is that if I add a 'max'
key/value to a ProxyPass line then the max should only be less than or
equal to ThreadsPerChild.

1) Is this correct?

2) If I do not add a max value to the ProxyPass line is the maximum
amount of connections allowed through still subject to the limit of
ThreadsPerChild?

3) If I have a configuration such as:

ProxyPass /examples http://backend.example.com/examples max=10
ProxyPass /docs http://backend.example.com/docs max=100

ThreadsPerChild=150

Can both ProxyPass connection pools use the same server child process
(for example a single one with 150 threads)?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,

Jamie