List:       apache-httpd-users
Subject:    Re: [users@httpd] Struggling to overcome the learning curve for Apache http server !!!!
From:       Igor =?utf-8?Q?Gali=C4=87?= <i.galic () brainsware ! org>
Date:       2011-11-25 8:59:25

----- Original Message -----
> I plan to write the RHCSA and RHCE exams, when I feel confident
> enough, the course content for servers is too thin. I will not stand
> a chance in any interview or otherwise if I just go with the
> course-ware.

There's a couple of books out there which can be called standard
literature for Unix Systems Administrators:

Unix in a Nutshell, 4th edition (Arnold-Robbins)
Essential Unix Administration (Aeleen Frisch)

http://www.kegel.com/linux/books.html has a comprehensive list.

My personal recommendation for anyone starting out with server
administration - in partiuclar HTTP Servers - is Ivan Risti=C4=87's
by now well aged "Apache Security" - but hey, at least it's
cheaper now :)

http://blog.ivanristic.com/2010/04/apache-security-1ed-now-available-from-f=
eisty-duck.html

--