List:       apache-httpd-users
Subject:    Re: [users@httpd] Building apr_dbd_mysql
From:       Nick Kew <nick () webthing ! com>
Date:       2011-04-26 1:57:21

On 26 Apr 2011, at 01:24, Jon Drukman wrote:

> What is the trick to get apache to build and install apr_dbd_mysql when
> compiling from source?  I've manually cd'd into srclib/apr-util and manually
> run
> ./configure --with-mysql; make; make install
>
> but it's not actually putting the
> DBD driver somewhere where apache can use it.
>
> I manually copied the .so file
> but I always get "DBD: Can't load driver file apr_dbd_mysql.so"
> when running apache.

The build messages from configure and make will tell you
whether apr_dbd_mysql.so was built successfully,
and where it was installed.

If you're using a distro/package apache, then it'll be using
a distro/package apr-util which is probably not installed in
the same place as what you built.  Check your distro docs
for how to get mysql support.

--
Nick Kew

Available for work, contract or permanent
http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html