List:       apache-httpd-users
Subject:    Re: [users@httpd] How htaccess enables CGI script as default page
From:       Tim Johnson <tim () johnsons-web ! com>
Date:       2011-03-03 16:34:09

* Lee <leegee@gmail.com> [110302 23:18]:
> Sometimes you refer to the Perl scripts with absolute paths,
> sometimes relative. I do no know what dir your .htaccess is in, but
> please check the paths.
>
> It also seems that you changed the .htaccess references to .pl
> extension to .py -- was there a reason for that?
>
> Sorry I missed the start of this - there is too little history in
> the post to catch up properly.
  Hi Lee:
  Maybe you didn't get all of the messages on this thread.
  It is *David* that is using 'perl' scripts *I* am using 'python' scripts.
  By using David's htaccess and just changing the extensions I was
  able to see that my approach was working, but that the particular
  browser I was using was messing things up. Probably because it was
  cached something from an earlier misconfiguration.

  I would note - as a long time web developer (cgi programmer) that
  for us old foggies trying to make the transition from
  'traditional' cgi to the framework approach, I could use some
  htaccess 'recipes'.
  cheers
--
Tim