List:       apache-httpd-users
Subject:    Re: [users@httpd] suexec binary installs in wrong path
From:       Ro Achterberg <ro () greyhat ! nl>
Date:       2009-10-31 13:11:39

At 12:40 31-10-2009, Ro Achterberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm in the midst of building my chrooted Apache 2.2.14 + suexec +
> mod_fastcgi + PHP installation, but the httpd --with-suexec-bin
> configure directive doesn't seem to be working properly. Instead of
> installing to /chroot/apache2/usr/sbin/suexec, where I want it to
> live, it in fact installs to /chroot/apache2/bin/suexec.
>
> I've tried debugging this by looking through the config logs and
> checking the hardcoded values in the httpd binary (which are right),
> but nothing relevant is showing up. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Bye, Ro

Here's a little update. I've managed to sort it out, it seemed that
the '--sbindir' directive was set to 'bin' for some reason, where I
(obviously?) expected it to be /usr/sbin, primarily because the
default path to the suexec bin is /usr/sbin/suexec, according to the
documentation at
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/suexec.html#install>http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/suexec.html#install \

.

Anyway, things are running smoothly again and you may ignore my previous post.

Bye, Ro