List:       apache-httpd-users
Subject:    [users@httpd] Wrong OpenSSL Version?
From:       "Matt \"Cyber Dog\" LaPlante" <webmaster () cyberdogtech ! com>
Date:       2005-01-31 23:11:14

I just got through upgrading my department's web server to Apache 2.0.52
from 1.3.x.  I have /server-status enabled because I like keeping track of
the server activity, but when I was browsing it I noticed something odd.
The Server Version: line appears to have incorrect information.  Currently
the line displays as follows:

Server Version: Apache/2.0.52 (Unix) PHP/4.3.10 mod_ssl/2.0.52
OpenSSL/0.9.7d

However I know for a fact that the system is running OpenSSL/0.9.7e (I
always keep up to date for security reasons).  At first I thought maybe
there was a problem with the upgrade I had done and some old SSL libraries
remained on the system.  I checked the config.log for the server, and it
seems to verify that the version should be 0.9.7e:

configure:10243: checking whether to enable mod_ssl
configure:10279: result: checking dependencies
configure:10284: checking for SSL/TLS toolkit base
configure:10335: result: /usr/local
configure:10338: checking for SSL/TLS toolkit version
configure:10340: result: OpenSSL 0.9.7e 25 Oct 2004
configure:10358: checking for SSL/TLS toolkit includes
configure:10376: result: /usr/local/include
configure:10379: checking for SSL/TLS toolkit libraries
configure:10394: result: /usr/local/lib

I also noticed that this line is no longer displaying mod_auth_pam which I
currently have loaded as an .so, though I believe it used to display in
1.3.x...though this could just be a feature of the 2.x series.  I'm much
more concerned about the OpenSSL issue.

Thanks,
Matt