List:       apache-httpd-users
Subject:    [users@httpd] Restricting access with "mod_auth_shadow" and regular "mod_auth"
From:       Soeren Gerlach <soeren () all-about-shift ! com>
Date:       2005-01-31 22:25:35

Hello,

I have a certain Location which I'd like to restrict access to using the
mod_auth_shadow module and the "normal" mod_auth module at the same
time. I.e. I want to gain access to people either belonging to a certain
group of people, authenticated using the mod_auth_shadow either OR
authenticated using Apache's own mod_auth with password and group files.

The current directive looks like this (somewhat shortened)

<Location /svn/sop_vorstudie>

  # Zugang beschraenken
  SSLRequireSSL
  Allow from all
  AuthName "Subversion - SOP"
  AuthShadow On
  AuthType Basic
  require group quant

  # Additional stuff removed for Subversion
  # [...]

</Location>

I tried to add something like this in the Location section:

  # Special for Uwe
  require user uwe
  AuthUserFile /var/www/quant.svn_users

and some other variations but I never succeded in getting authorisation
in both ways for the same Location.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks a lot,
Soeren Gerlach