List:       apache-httpd-users
Subject:    [users@httpd] Problems with LDAP authenticatio with AD200
From:       Mark Campbell <mark () redbrick ! dcu ! ie>
Date:       2005-01-28 20:59:01

Hey Guys,

I've always been doing ldap authentication off an old 2000 PDC which was a
backup within our domain.  However of recent time we upgraded to 2003 which
has now resulted in my apache configuration being broken

------------>httpd.conf----------------------->

    Options None
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    AuthLDAPEnabled on
    AuthName "The Saint"
    AuthType Basic
    AuthLDAPUrl "ldap://hostname:389/dc=itconvergence,dc=com?sAMAccountName"
    AuthLDAPBindDN "CN=System Account,CN=Administration - Service Account,DC=itconvergence,DC=com"
    AuthLDAPBindPassword xxxxxxxxxx
    require valid-user

When I use this config against the 2003 directory and try to authenticate I
get this error:

[Fri Jan 28 09:46:53 2005] [warn] [client 64.147.176.200] [13344] auth_ldap
authenticate: user mcampbell authentication failed; URI /saint/
[ldap_search_ext_s() for user failed][Operations error]

I have the feeling this might have something to do with the LDAP protocol
version used, however I can't find any apache directive to change it.

If anyone has any idea's I'd appricate it.

Mark

--
regards,
	-mark