List:       apache-httpd-users
Subject:    Re: [users@httpd] Hole in logs
From:       Giles Burdett <giles () ystv ! york ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2002-10-30 16:48:11

Hi,

> Or your disk filled and apache couldn't write for a while...

Disk usage during the eight day "hole" never went above 37% for the
partition where that particular site's logs are kept.

>> Could it be a DNS problem, where that site was not accessible to the
>> outside world for those eight days?

It definitely wasn't a DNS problem, because the site was visible from
everywhere - and if hadn't been our webmaster would have had my head for a
trophy! ;)

Perhaps it's a bug :)

Thanks for the help,

Giles