List:       apache-httpd-users
Subject:    Re: [users@httpd] Apache for user account
From:       "Chris Taylor" <chris () x-bb ! org>
Date:       2002-08-30 10:29:36

I'm not *sure* if this is what you want, but ./configure --help
lists:

- --localstatedir=DIR : modifiable single-machine data [PREFIX/var]

I would guess you need to recompile Apache, changing it to each
user's home directory.

Something like:

./configure --prefix=/usr/bob/apache

would probably be it, given that the above "localstatedir" implies
that the PID is kept under <apache-dir>/var.

I have my Apache "prefix"ed into /usr/local/apache2 and my PID file
lives in logs/ :) Which seems to contradict common sense.

Either way, if you use --prefix then the httpd.pid file ends up
somewhere under it.

That should be it.

Chris Taylor - chris@x-bb.org - The guy with the PS2 WebServer -
http://www.x-bb.org/chris.asc