List:       apache-httpd-users
Subject:    [users@httpd] configure - include Module questions
From:       "Jose Correia (J)" <CorreiJ () telkom ! co ! za>
Date:       2002-08-30 7:43:20

Hi all

I have copied a few standard apache .so modules into my libexec and I
have them included in my httpd.conf using the usual:

e.g.

LoadModule setenvif_module    libexec/mod_setenvif.so

ClearModuleList
AddModule mod_setenvif.c

The thing is, it seems I need these to be enabled or included since my
log file is complaining with:

[Thu Aug 29 17:47:45 2002] [error] Cannot remove module
mod_setenvif.c: not found in module list

First question is do I use the --enable-module or the
--activate-module= or
--add-module or --enabled-shared?

If so, please give example...I got a bit confused when the INSTALL
file said, for example : "Use the --enable-module=NAME and
--disable-module=NAME options to enable
     or disable a particular already distributed module from the
Apache
     src/Configuration.tmpl file. The correct module names (no `mod_'
prefix!)"

Are the talking about a .c or a .so file here?

Another question is, if I run ./configure again with ONLY this option,
will it overwrite other options that were installed on a previous
./configure??

Thanks a lot
Jose Correia