List:       apache-httpd-users
Subject:    Apache Module Installation Problem from CPAN
From:       "Soheil Shaghaghi" <soheils () jhanna ! com>
Date:       2002-03-29 19:41:33

Hi Everyone,
I just finished installing the latest Apache on one of my servers.
I am trying to use CPAN to install the Apache modules. No matter which way I
go, I keep ending up with this error:

/usr/src/apache_1.3.24/src/httpd -f `pwd`/t/conf/httpd.conf -X -d `pwd`/t &
httpd listening on port 8529
will write error_log to: t/logs/error_log
letting apache warm up...\c
done
/usr/bin/perl t/TEST 0
Can't locate object method "new" via package "URI::URL" (perhaps you forgot
to load "URI::URL"?) at ../blib/lib/Apache/test.pm line 252.
make: *** [run_tests] Error 255
  /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
Running make install
  make test had returned bad status, won't install without force

Thanks so much
Soheil