List:       apache-httpd-users
Subject:    Directory level access using Radius, TACACS, SecurID
From:       "DON KENDRICK" <dmvdsk () dmv ! state ! va ! us>
Date:       2002-01-31 18:24:26

Hi all,

Trying to get an OpenBSD 3.0 box with Apache 1.3.22 running and I'm needing to do \
directory level access. I need authentication to go through SecurID but I can get to \
SecurID via SecurID, Radius, or TACACS.

I need to authenticate the user and then use the "require" in .htaccess to specify \
the user so that user jsmith has access to /docroot/jsmith and user bjones has access \
to /docroot/bjones.

Here what I've run up against:

1. mod_radius seems to only return successful authentication or not. That is "require \
valid-user" seems to be what is happening even if I put in "require bjones"

2. Haven't tried mod_tacacs yet but the docs look like it will also only use \
"valid-user"

3. SecurID isn't supported on OpenBSD, I tried to tweak another platform's SecurID \
files but thats a long road. I can move over to Linux if I have to but don't want to \
and I'm not sure that mod_securid will do any better.

Any ideas? I'm not a Apache expert so be gentle :)

Don

Don Kendrick, CNE, CCNA, GCIA, CISSP
Director of Security Architectures
Virginia DMV