List:       apache-httpd-dev
Subject:    Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.34 as GA
From:       Rainer Jung <rainer.jung () kippdata ! de>
Date:       2018-07-16 5:05:00

Am 13.07.2018 um 15:03 schrieb Rainer Jung:
> e I expect prefork on Solaris still to observe timeouts during
>    proxy tests like reported for previous versions, but didn't test
>    it this time due to the long test runs when the problem happens.
>    I started these runs right now just to be able to report,
>    whether the old problem is still there or has changed.

Wrong expectation here: this problem seems to no longer happen, at least
in 14 applicable test runs it didn't show up. The old info about the
problem was:

   Not observed for static builds. Only builds based on APR/APU 1.6.x
   seem to have the problem. First observed when testing 2.4.26.
   It seems processes die due to Solaris mutex deadlock detection
   for the accept mutex (false positive). Such processes get not
   replaced until we end up with only one prefork child, which of
   course can't serve proxy requests.

Regards,

Rainer