List:       apache-httpd-dev
Subject:    Re: reverse proxy wishlist
From:       Jim Jagielski <jim () jaguNET ! com>
Date:       2015-12-09 12:54:32

> On Dec 9, 2015, at 2:02 AM, jean-frederic clere <jfclere@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 12/03/2015 03:59 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> I put out a call on Twitter regarding this, but wanted to
>> close the loop here as well.
>>
>> What would *you* like to see as new features or enhancements
>> w/ mod_proxy, esp reverse proxy. I was thinking about some
>> sort of active backend monitoring, utilizing watchdog, which
>> could also maybe, eventually, pull in performance and load
>> data for the backend for a more accurate LB provider. But
>> what about new LB methods? Any ideas there?
>
> I need a more dynamic list of workers and balancers basically in
> mod_cluster we are able to add and remove those.

Yeah, adding balancers has been on my TODO for awhile and I have
some krufty implementations scattered around. I think most of
the main hooks and scars are already in trunk and httpd-2.4,
it's just the actual impl.

Does mod_cluster actually allow you to remove, or just
disable?

> Our health check is
> done by the nodes which also requires some changes in the proxy logic too.

For healthcheck I was thinking of just using our watchdog
and allowing it to update the balancer and worker's shared
memory as needed.