List:       apache-httpd-dev
Subject:    Re: A bug with httpd-2.4.2 Win-x64
From:       "Bing Swen" <bswen () pku ! edu ! cn>
Date:       2012-04-18 0:23:14

Hi Stefan,

I tried many possible ways, and only found this clue for now:

	/* main.c, line 707 */
	apr_pool_clear(pconf);
			==>  unload_module(void *data)
					==>  ap_remove_module(module *m)
							==>  free(ap_module_short_names[i] )
									==>  HeapFree(_crtheap, 0, pBlock);
										 /* bad pointer: pBlock */

It always happens with the Debug config of the VS2010 x64 platform setting, not with \
the Release version, or both of the VS2008(VS9) x64 builds.  BTW, I converted the \
project files in this way:  Apache.dsw + *.dsp ==> Apache(VS9).sln + *.vcproj ==> \
Apache(VS10).sln + *.vcXproj

Regards,
Bing

Stefan Fritsch [mailto:sf@sfritsch.de] wrote on 2012年4月18日 3:29

On Tue, 17 Apr 2012, Bing Swen wrote:
> The problem reported below was only with the binaries of the Debug
> configuration, but disappeared in the Release configuration. So here is my temporay \
> way out:
> /* line no. 680: */
> #ifndef _DEBUG
> free(ap_module_short_names[m->module_index]);
> #endif

I can't see anything wrong with that code. I fear the heap corruption happens at some \
other place and it is coincidence that it is detected here. Are there any additional \
heap consistency checks that you can switch on?