List:       apache-httpd-dev
Subject:    RE: Setting Environment variables
From:       <sreedhar.badi () wipro ! com>
Date:       2003-12-27 8:38:52

Thanks very much for the reply.
Following is the sample piece of code we are using to set the
environment variables. On Windows it is exactly crashing at the
statement ap_table_setn(pVars, "Name", "Sreedhar") in the following
code. Moreover, the same piece of code is not crashing on HP, SOLARIS
and LINUX. But it is not setting the environment variable. Can anyone
let me know what is wrong in the following code.

typedef struct
{
    table *vars;
    char *unsetenv;
    int vars_present;
} env_dir_config_rec;
module MODULE_VAR_EXPORT env_module;
static int AuthenticateUser (request_rec* pRequestRec)
{
	env_dir_config_rec *pEnv = NULL;
	table *pVars = NULL;
	pEnv = (env_dir_config_rec
*)ap_get_module_config(pRequestRec->per_dir_config, &env_module);
	pVars = pEnv->vars;
	if(pVars)
    	{
		ap_table_setn(pVars, "Name", "Sreedhar");
		pRequestRec->subprocess_env =
ap_overlay_tables(pRequestRec->pool, pRequestRec->subprocess_env,
pVars);
    	}
	return HTTP_OK;
}