List:       apache-httpd-dev
Subject:    Re: misuse of apr_brigade_destroy()?
From:       Sami Tikka <sami.tikka () f-secure ! com>
Date:       2003-11-29 2:41:10

Jeff Trawick wrote:

> Glenn wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 11:09:47AM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>>
>>> Glenn wrote:
>>
>> Does that mean that it is incorrect to call apr_brigade_destroy() on
>> a brigade that you have passed?  There are a number of places in the
>> code that do this.
>

> yes; where is that code?

mod_proxy_http seems to reuse a brigade it has passed. See the last
while loop at the end of ap_proxy_http_process_response in proxy_http.c

When I was writing an output filter which passed another brigade than
the one given as parameter, I wondered should I apr_brigade_destroy or
apr_brigade_cleanup it. I noticed mod_proxy keeps reusing the brigade,
so I decided it was safer to cleanup than destroy.