List:       apache-httpd-dev
Subject:    Re: distcache support in mod_ssl for 2.1
From:       Geoff Thorpe <geoff () geoffthorpe ! net>
Date:       2003-11-26 17:45:03

On November 26, 2003 11:34 am, Joe Orton wrote:
> Can you fill in the CLA http://www.apache.org/licenses/cla.pdf and
> fax/post it to the included number, to make that official?

done [by fax]. Now to clarify, this covers anything you find in the
"support-apache2" and "support-apache1.3-modssl" packages on the
distcache site (or respectively, the "distcache-httpd-2" and
"distcache-mod_ssl" modules in CVS). Ie. the autoconf support for apache,
the ssl_scache_dc.c file, patch to modules/ssl/, and the installation
README - it's all yours.

> > > - don't cast the void * to DC_CTX * in ssl_scache_dc.c
> >
> > Ah this is a consequence of your trashing shmht?
>
> yup

Right. Which reminds me, there were some questions lingering about the
read/write wrappers in shmcb, IIRC. Last time this was discussed, I was
hacking on apache's openssl autoconf macros, with subsequent
"insertability" of distcache's autoconf macros and glue code being my
next priority. Seeing as you're now helping with that bit, is there
something I could do to reciprocate w.r.t. shmcb now? Any pointers to
past or present issues, comments, bugs, etc would be welcome - I'll try
to find some time shortly to go in there and clean things up. (Yes, I
promise to turn off the tabs too :-).

Cheers,
Geoff

--