List:       apache-docs
Subject:    Re: U Waterloo Architecture Class on Apache (fwd)
From:       James Sutherland <mandrake () cam ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-01-20 19:12:36

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, Joshua Slive wrote:

> I'm still not comfortable with having them directly in the docs.
> Here is another proposal:  There is a great need to have a "developer"
> site built on httpd.apache.org.

Agreed.

> The dev.apache.org site needs to be retired,

From dev.apache.org's front page:
The latest draft of the Apache project plan
(last modified on Saturday, 13-Mar-1999 11:51:01 PST)

I think it has been :-)

> and the httpd-specific information from this site moved to
> httpd.apache.org under some directory like "developer".  Why don't we
> make these papers the first element under this new directory, perhaps
> in a "Contributed Papers" directory, or something like that?  That
> way, we make them permanently available, but we don't distribute them
> with every copy of the docs.

Sounds like a very good idea. I've now got permission from about half the
authors with papers on that site relating to Apache, and one has e-mailled
me with a subsequent paper on Apache (in PS format, not HTML, but still
useful).

James.