List:       apache-docs
Subject:    Re: russian docs ver 2.0
From:       Ilia Soldis <soldis () infolio ! ru>
Date:       2004-01-20 11:12:05

Hello. Actually this variant of translation belongs to me and I knowingly
did it in such  way. I issued from the fact that programming hooks actually
look very much like fishing hooks. Apache hooking mechanism provides
programmers with capability of "hooking" functions from their modules in a
specified order. And what is more - I've left the original word "hook" in
the translated text, so professional programmers would immediately
understand what it means and beginners and sysadmins (without programming
skills) would understand the point in a general way and what is more
important they would have the english word "hook" as a reference to API
documentation.
But if you insist I can submit this new paragraph to the repository. But I
still propose to keep original word "hook" in the translation.

Ilia Soldis
Internet Centre of Tver State University