List:       apache-docs
Subject:    Re: Antwort: New FAQ: Changing Server: header info.
From:       Rich Bowen <rbowen () rcbowen ! com>
Date:       2002-06-29 19:00:26

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 Michael.Schroepl@telekurs.com wrote:

> Hi Rich,
>

> > There are, however, two answers to this question: the
> > correct answer, and the answer that you are probably
> > looking for.
>
> and maybe one might add a line or two about why it
> doesn't work to totally filter out the "Server:"
> header, using mod_headers' "Header unset"?
> (It is already explained in
>      http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_headers.html
> in the last line, so a link to this one would do)

That option has not even occurred to the people that are asking this
question, and it would seem to be detrimental to suggest it to them. The
general thing that I want to communicate to these people is that they
are asking the wrong question.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
As we trace our own few circles around the sun