List:       apache-bugdb
Subject:    documentation/7166: Docu of 'ErrorDocument' is not precise on usage of the quoted form
From:       Eric Maryniak <e.maryniak () pobox ! com>
Date:       2001-01-31 12:40:50

> Number:         7166
> Category:       documentation
> Synopsis:       Docu of 'ErrorDocument' is not precise on usage of the quoted form
> Confidential:   no
> Severity:       non-critical
Dear reader,
The current docu for ErrorDocument says:
"...
The syntax is,

     ErrorDocument <3-digit-code> action

     where the action can be,
        1.Text to be displayed. Prefix the text with a quote ("). Whatever follows \
the quote is displayed. Note: the (") prefix  isn't displayed.
..."

My question is: can you use multiple lines (with \ as continuator) or are
you bound to one (1) line (ie. upto and including the newline)?
I'm going to experiment with this carefully, but I hesitate to do frequent
restarts of the server to test this, because I don't want the server to be
offline too often...
Kind regards,
Eric Maryniak
> How-To-Repeat:
n/a
> Fix:
Text:
1.Text to be displayed. Prefix the text with a quote ("). Whatever follows
  the quote __upto and including the newline__ is displayed. Note: the (") prefix
          isn't displayed.