List:       apache-bugdb
Subject:    os-windows/7164: using #! in CGI without drive letter no longer seems to work
From:       Oren Nachman <nachmore () vipe ! technion ! ac ! il>
Date:       2001-01-31 11:46:40

> Number:         7164
> Category:       os-windows
> Synopsis:       using #! in CGI without drive letter no longer seems to work
> Confidential:   no
> Severity:       non-critical
I have some CGI's that define #!/usr/bin/perl -w on the first line of script. On \
previous versions of Apache (1.3.14 for example) this would work fine (Perl binaries \
are installed in c:\usr\bin) - the server was also installed on drive C. With apache \
2 this doesn't work anymore (I get the can not spawn child process)
> How-To-Repeat:
take nearlly any CGI script with a relative path in #! and try to run it