List:       apache-bugdb
Subject:    mod_rewrite/5073: mod_rewrite drop the QUERY_STRING using the [P] flag on per-dir context
From:       Martin Zeh <martin.zeh () sat1 ! de>
Date:       1999-09-28 16:19:05

>Number:         5073
>Category:       mod_rewrite
>Synopsis:       mod_rewrite drop the QUERY_STRING using the [P] flag on per-dir context
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
The mod_rewrite in the apache 1.3.9 strip off the QUERY_STRING if
the force proxy flag is used in the per-directory context.
I think the same bug is reported earlier but the author forgot
the per-directory context. If [P] is used in global context all
is fine.
>How-To-Repeat:
This configuration doesn't work with 1.3.9.
With apache 1.3.6 it worked well!

<Location /hack>
   RewriteEngine On
   RewriteRule ^.*/htdocs/hack(.*)$ http://hugo.sat1.de:88/hack$1 [P,L]
</Location>
>Fix:
I comment the line 1377 in mod_rewrite.c but I didn't check the side
effects! After this change the QUERY_STRING is appended

1376: if (r->args != NULL) {
1377:    /* Martin Zeh changed 28.09.1999 && r->uri == r->unparsed_uri) { */
1378:    /* see proxy_http:proxy_http_canon() */
1379:    r->filename = ap_pstrcat(r->pool, r->filename,
1380:    "?", r->args, NULL);
1381: }