List:       apache-bugdb
Subject:    Re: general/3101: when a file is downloaded that is a windows
From:       Marc Slemko <marcs () znep ! com>
Date:       1998-09-29 19:30:01

The following reply was made to PR general/3101; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Jim Linik <linikji@nenlifesci.com>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
 executable it says not valid win32 file. if downloaded bypasing proxy it
 downloades fine
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 12:20:57 -0700 (PDT)

 On 29 Sep 1998, Jim Linik wrote:

 > apache
 > >Release:        1.2

 First, 1.2 is not a release; 1.2.0, 1.2.4, etc. is.

 Second, we make it quite clear we can not support ancient releases.
 Please upgrade.

 > >Environment:
 > sun unix box  apache proxy server
 > We are using apache web server as a proxy server on a sun box.
 > when downloading through the proxy from any version of IE or netscape the file gets corupted
 > If you by pass the proxy files download fine
 > >How-To-Repeat:
 > any downloadable fwindows executable file

 Are you using the proxy to go to a ftp server or a http server?

 Please give an example URL for a file that demonstrates this.

 This is almost certainly a configuration error on your part.