List:       antlr-interest
Subject:    [antlr-interest] ANTLR 3 output=AST for tree parser?
From:       wl () dm17 ! com (Werner Lehmann)
Date:       2007-02-28 21:04:03

Hi Andy,

On 27.02.2007 15:04, Andy Tripp wrote:
> See here for a full comparison of the two Java1.5 grammars:
> http://www.antlr.org:8080/pipermail/antlr-interest/2004-October/009742.html

thanks for this, quite interesting. Actually I found that Michael
Studman's grammar works as a seamless upgrade to the 1.3/1.4 grammar I
was using before (I think it was created by Terence). The AST is
compatible to the extent I am needing it. I will need comments though
(at least the method javadoc) because I use this for 3-tier code
generation - I had modified the 1.3/1.4 grammar to include comments in
the AST.

Werner