List:       antlr-dev
Subject:    Re: [antlr-dev] Some questions about Hudson
From:       Benjamin Niemann <pink () odahoda ! de>
Date:       2009-02-28 21:18:23

Hi Jim,

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 9:41 PM, Jim Idle <jimi@temporal-wave.com> wrote:
> Benjamin Niemann wrote:
>>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> ok, I got something working. Tests and pylint messages integrate nicely.
>> The way the build script finds the jar is hopefully stable enough to
>> not break too often. And for the antlr2 and st dependency I just
>> download (if not already done) and install them in the workspace as
>> part of the build.
>>
>> Can someone with the appropriate admin powers please setup a Hudson
>> account for me, so I can configure my job?
>>
>> How should I setup the P4 client for the Hudson workspace? Is there a
>> naming convention for the client name? And which user to use? My own
>> account, which I wouldn't like, because then my password is in
>> cleartext on the server. Or is there a dedicated (readonly) hudson
>> user?
>>
>> And finally: the build script need pylint. If not yet present on the
>> host, it has to be installed. "apt-get install pylint" or the
>> equivalent of your distribution. I assume that python is already
>> installed. Would also be nice if multiple python versions (2.4
>> upwards) could be installed, so .egg files for each version can be
>> build - the build script will auto-detect all versions present in
>> /usr/bin/.
>>

> Send me all the stuff - it is probably quicker for me to create the job than
> explain all the ins and outs of the perforce plugin and so on. I will
> install pylint etc. Note that you can probably just send me your .hudson
> folder as a tar, then the scripts you have written.

The config.xml file from the project should be sufficient, everything
else is in p4. Adapt the P4 section and add a build trigger to have it
built after ANTLR_Tool  (the GUI shows it, but it's not in the .xml
file, so I assume that's saved in the upstream config).
And one last thing I forgot before: the 'Violations' is needed to
parse pylint output.

Thanks!

["config.xml" (text/xml)]

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<project>
  <actions/>
  <description></description>
  <keepDependencies>false</keepDependencies>
  <properties/>
  <scm class="hudson.plugins.perforce.PerforceSCM">
    <p4User>pink</p4User>
    <p4Passwd>*********</p4Passwd>
    <p4Port>antlr.org:666</p4Port>
    <p4Client>pink.test2.hudson</p4Client>
    <projectPath>//depot/code/antlr/main/runtime/Python/...</projectPath>
    <p4Exe>/Users/ben/bin/p4</p4Exe>
    <p4SysDrive></p4SysDrive>
    <p4SysRoot></p4SysRoot>
    <forceSync>false</forceSync>
    <updateView>true</updateView>
    <firstChange>-1</firstChange>
  </scm>
  <canRoam>true</canRoam>
  <disabled>false</disabled>
  <triggers class="vector"/>
  <builders>
    <hudson.tasks.Shell>
      <command>$WORKSPACE/hudson-build.sh
</command>
    </hudson.tasks.Shell>
  </builders>
  <publishers>
    <hudson.tasks.ArtifactArchiver>
      <artifacts>dist/*</artifacts>
      <latestOnly>false</latestOnly>
    </hudson.tasks.ArtifactArchiver>
    <hudson.tasks.junit.JUnitResultArchiver>
      <testResults>testout/*.xml</testResults>
    </hudson.tasks.junit.JUnitResultArchiver>
    <hudson.plugins.violations.ViolationsPublisher>
      <config>
        <suppressions class="tree-set">
          <no-comparator/>
        </suppressions>
        <typeConfigs>
          <no-comparator/>
          <entry>
            <string>checkstyle</string>
            <hudson.plugins.violations.TypeConfig>
              <type>checkstyle</type>
              <min>10</min>
              <max>999</max>
              <unstable>999</unstable>
              <usePattern>false</usePattern>
              <pattern></pattern>
            </hudson.plugins.violations.TypeConfig>
          </entry>
          <entry>
            <string>cpd</string>
            <hudson.plugins.violations.TypeConfig>
              <type>cpd</type>
              <min>10</min>
              <max>999</max>
              <unstable>999</unstable>
              <usePattern>false</usePattern>
              <pattern></pattern>
            </hudson.plugins.violations.TypeConfig>
          </entry>
          <entry>
            <string>findbugs</string>
            <hudson.plugins.violations.TypeConfig>
              <type>findbugs</type>
              <min>10</min>
              <max>999</max>
              <unstable>999</unstable>
              <usePattern>false</usePattern>
              <pattern></pattern>
            </hudson.plugins.violations.TypeConfig>
          </entry>
          <entry>
            <string>fxcop</string>
            <hudson.plugins.violations.TypeConfig>
              <type>fxcop</type>
              <min>10</min>
              <max>999</max>
              <unstable>999</unstable>
              <usePattern>false</usePattern>
              <pattern></pattern>
            </hudson.plugins.violations.TypeConfig>
          </entry>
          <entry>
            <string>pmd</string>
            <hudson.plugins.violations.TypeConfig>
              <type>pmd</type>
              <min>10</min>
              <max>999</max>
              <unstable>999</unstable>
              <usePattern>false</usePattern>
              <pattern></pattern>
            </hudson.plugins.violations.TypeConfig>
          </entry>
          <entry>
            <string>pylint</string>
            <hudson.plugins.violations.TypeConfig>
              <type>pylint</type>
              <min>10</min>
              <max>999</max>
              <unstable>999</unstable>
              <usePattern>false</usePattern>
              <pattern>pylint-report.txt</pattern>
            </hudson.plugins.violations.TypeConfig>
          </entry>
          <entry>
            <string>simian</string>
            <hudson.plugins.violations.TypeConfig>
              <type>simian</type>
              <min>10</min>
              <max>999</max>
              <unstable>999</unstable>
              <usePattern>false</usePattern>
              <pattern></pattern>
            </hudson.plugins.violations.TypeConfig>
          </entry>
          <entry>
            <string>stylecop</string>
            <hudson.plugins.violations.TypeConfig>
              <type>stylecop</type>
              <min>10</min>
              <max>999</max>
              <unstable>999</unstable>
              <usePattern>false</usePattern>
              <pattern></pattern>
            </hudson.plugins.violations.TypeConfig>
          </entry>
        </typeConfigs>
        <limit>100</limit>
        <sourcePathPattern></sourcePathPattern>
        <fauxProjectPath></fauxProjectPath>
        <encoding>default</encoding>
      </config>
    </hudson.plugins.violations.ViolationsPublisher>
  </publishers>
  <buildWrappers/>
</project>