List:       ant-user
Subject:    RE: How can I make ant keep the generated java souce code during the ejbc phase
From:       "Conor MacNeill" <conor () cortexebusiness ! com ! au>
Date:       2000-11-28 9:05:30

Mohammed,

I am not sure which version of ant you are using. I would recommend
upgrading to version 1.2. In version 1.2 it is possible to specify a
keepgenerated attribute (although, this is currently undocumented).
There has, however, been a reasonably significant change to the ejbjar
task syntax and how it supports vendor specific deployment tools.

For weblogic, you would use ejbjar as follows

    <ejbjar srcdir="${build.classes}"
            descriptordir="${descriptor.dir}">
      <weblogic destdir="${deploymentjars.dir}"
                classpath="${descriptorbuild.classpath}"
                keepgenerated="true" />
      <include name="**/*-ejb-jar.xml"/>
      <exclude name="**/*weblogic*.xml"/>
    </ejbjar>

Please go here
http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/jakarta-ant/docs/ejb.html#ejbjar for more
info. Also, it is not necessary to taskdef ejbjar as you have done
<taskdef name="ejbbuildjar"
         classname="org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.ejb.EjbJar"/>

since it is part of the standard ant distribution and included in
optional.jar (and ant.jar)

You should not need to modify ant.bat.

Conor