List:       ant-user
Subject:    Creating a list of files for a task
From:       Mike Deibler <mdeibler () nocpulse ! com>
Date:       2000-07-31 15:22:44

Hello,

I have a build target that runs java on a class file.  One of the
parameters to the class file is a listing of certain files in a
directory structure.  For example:

java Maker dir1/file.in dir1/file2.in dir2/file3.in dirN/fileM.in

I'm trying to use the java task to do this with a predefined
property that uses the ** file matching criteria.  For example:

<!-- simplified -->
<target name="init">
  <property name="include_files" value="**/*.in" />
  <property name="classpath" value="listing of classpath" />
</target>

<target name="build" depends="init">
  <java classname="Maker"
        args="${include_files}"
        fork="yes"
        jvmargs="-classpath ${classpath}"
  />
</target>

The problem with this approach is that the **/*.in isn't converted
into a file list when the java command is run.  It generates something
like:

java Maker **/*.in

Is there any way to generate a list of files that can be used in the
java task above?  Or will I have to write something that will do something
similar to a unix 'find' command and pass the results into the java
task?

I'm using ant version 1.0.8.

Thanks,

Mike