List:       ant-user
Subject:    Re: more subbuild problems
From:       Marc Gemis <marc.gemis.mg () belgium ! agfa ! com>
Date:       2000-07-28 6:15:44

> If I change file:../../build.template to file:./build.template then it
> works. But of course, I am not able to run the build in the test
directory
> anymore.
>
> How do I get around this (more importantly is this a bug to fix?).

I mentioned the same problem just 2 days ago. It's even more complex, it
depends on the task, some tasks understand that you are in a subdir, others
not.

As a workaround:

    place
        <property name=""projectTop" value=".."/>
    in build.xml (project directory)

    and
        <property name="projectTop" value="../.." />
    in build.xml in test directory

    then you can access any file in the projectTop dir from within
build.xml
in test directory

    with ${projectTop}/filename.

This works since projectTop will not be overwritten when the test build.xml
is called from the project build.xml

hope this helps

Marc

P.S. Perhaps the values of projectTop have to be changed, I didn't quite
understand where your build.template file is placed.