List:       ant-user
Subject:    RE: moving from server to server
From:       "Rick Genter" <rgenter () silverlink ! com>
Date:       2008-03-30 18:16:41

You can do from ant pretty much anything you can do from a shell. If you
can write a shell script to do what you describe, you can generally do
the same via an ant build file through a combination of ant tasks and
embedded scripts.

Note that when you say "move instead of copy across different servers,
so I don't have to remove the temp file after", that's what's most
likely going to happen behind the scenes anyway, even if your FTP client
has a "move" command. I guess I just don't understand why it's such a
big deal to have to specify both steps.
--
Rick Genter
Principal Software Engineer

proprietary information, and may only be used by the person or entity to
sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately