List:       ant-user
Subject:    RE: Defined task fails to find base class of task
From:       "Karr, David" <david.karr () wamu ! net>
Date:       2008-03-27 18:35:05

I think I have to do that because one of the classes compiled by the
compile step is the class referenced in the taskdef.  What I found was
that if I defined the taskdef at the "top level", not inside a target,
no matter where it was sequentially in the build script, it would fail
on the taskdef immediately because it couldn't find the class, even
before it executed the compile step.