List:       ant-user
Subject:    Custom Task: Property File argument
From:       "Hache, Martin" <martin.hache () eds ! com>
Date:       2008-03-25 15:02:08

I'm writing a Custom Ant Task that needs to act on the properties in a
Property File (and just in that property file).  So I'm passing my
custom task the name of this Property file.  I use a java.io.File and a
java.io.Properties collection to load this file but I've just now
realized that variables in the property file are not being resolved.
So, I think that I'm doing this wrong...

What's the right way to load a Property file into a custom Ant task to
obtain the resolution.  I looked into using the Ant Property task within
my custom task but it would appear to add the properties to the Ant
Project and leave me with no way to reference just the properties in my
file.

Lastly, this needs to work in Ant 1.6.5 and 1.7

Thanks,  Martin.