List:       ant-user
Subject:    Re: Error with consecutive web service tasks
From:       Steve Loughran <stevel () pache ! org>
Date:       2006-11-20 10:20:27

Peter Neu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm facing a strange error with some tasks which involve web service
> building. This is the error.
>
> java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeAwareParserConfiguration
>

> The target which runs all sub targets is here:
>
> <target name="do.all">
>         <antcall target="compile.service"/>
>         <antcall target="generate.wsdl"/>
>           <antcall target="generate.service"/>
>          <antcall target="deploy.service"/>
>     </target>
>
> The error occurs when the third sub target is started. If I run each target
> alone or skip the last 2 targets everything runs
> smoothly.  Generate wsdl target looks like this:

Try doing it using dependencies instead of <antcall> which is v.
inefficient, as everything gets duplicated. eg

<targent name="deploy.service" depends="generate.service" />
<targent name="generate.service" depends="generate.wsdl" />
<targent name="generate.wsdl" depends="compile.service" />

Stuff will chain better, there wont be duplicate tasks declared with
(separate) classpaths and ongoing confusion.

-steve