List:       ant-user
Subject:    Re: concealing passwords
From:       Jeffrey E Care <carej () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2005-07-30 13:49:46

--=_alternative 004BF53D8525704E_=

In WebSphere we use a two-tier property file system:

*user.build.properties (located in $HOME) contains user specific
properties (such as passwords) and any local settings the user wishes to
override (such as whether to build the javadocs)
*build.properties (located in the source tree) contains the default
properties that will be used unless overridden by the user

This system allows developer sandbox builds to be unique for every
developer, and also subtly different from the production build if the
developer wants to do that for whatever reason.

We also use our own logger that obfuscates passwords in the logs.

JEC
--
Jeffrey E. Care (carej@us.ibm.com)
WebSphere v7 Release Engineer