List:       ant-user
Subject:    Re: ant1.6. & XP  occasional IOException during fixcrlf task
From:       Matt Benson <gudnabrsam () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-03-29 23:48:55

--- Rich Mauri <rmauri@callidussoftware.com> wrote:
> Since, we've migrated to ant-1.6.1 we've seen
> occasional errors during
> the execution of fixcrlf. It seems there is a
> temporary file that's
> created by fixcrlf that is being copied to the
> original filename after
> the original file is deleted. The problem seems to
> be it can't delete
> the original file.

Windows VMs seem to have trouble deleting files
created in the lifetime of the VM.  Not sure why it's
only manifesting itself now... the only known
workaround is a call to System.gc() prior to a second
attempt at File.delete().  FixCRLF is using
File.delete() directly; it should probably be modified
to use gc() and retry after an unsuccessful delete
just like Delete (now) does.

-Matt