List:       ant-user
Subject:    RE: how to export a reference ?
From:       SimonRichardson2 () hbosts ! com
Date:       2003-02-28 13:22:18

I think you'd have to de-reference the path and create a property with it.

A technique to return properties is to create a property file in your nested \
build.xml and then on return to the calling root build.xml load (source) the property \
file.

So your nested/build.xml will contain the following:
<property name="myReturnValue" refid="yourRefID"/>
<propertyfile file="return_values.xml"
	<entry key="returnKey" value="${myReturnValue}"/>
</propertyfile>

and in your calling build.xml:

<ant file="nested/build.xml"
	inheritall="true"
	inheritrefs="true"/>
<property file="nested/return_values.xml" prefix="new"/>
<echo message"value of returnKey = ${new.returnKey}"/>

NOTE:inheritall="true" and inheritrefs="true" are optional.
and prefix stops the new property values clashing with existing one.

I haven't tried it - should work, but might need a couple of tweaks.

Simon

For more information on HBOS Treasury Services, please visit http://www.HBOSTS.com

Or for details of our online FX & Deposit services, please go to \
http://www.HBOSdeal.com

HBOS Treasury Services plc is part of the HBOS Group, which also includes Halifax plc \
and Bank of Scotland. Registered Office: 33 Old Broad Street, London EC2N 1HZ. \
Registered No. 2692890. Registered in England. Regulated by the Financial Services \
Authority.

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended for the \
addressee only. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems \
please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying \
or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. This mail and any attachments \
have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving the HBOS Treasury Services plc \
network. HBOS Treasury Services plc will not be liable for direct, special, indirect \
or consequential damages arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a \
third party or as a result of any virus being passed on.

HBOS Treasury Services plc reserves the right to monitor and record e-mail messages \
sent to and from this address for the purposes of investigating or detecting any \
unauthorised use of its system and ensuring its effective operation.