List:       ant-user
Subject:    RE: Ant 1.5; Using the 'update' attribute of 'zip' task
From:       "Riffe, Melvin" <melvin.riffe () capitalone ! com>
Date:       2002-07-31 15:43:01

Here's the actual code snippet:

//MLR; 22 July 2002; 17:30
//This was preventing me from updating a war file that did not
// contain the files that would have updated it.
            if (!doUpdate && isUpToDate(scanners, zipFile)) {
                return;
            }

I think the 'real' fix belongs in Zip.isUpToDate(), because the zip/jar/war
file, after the first time the additional files are included, is always
updated.

In my opinion, if the files that are to be added are /not/ in the zip file,
the zip file should be updated - but that's based on my current situation.
However, if they are there then normal checking should occur.

Mel Riffe