List:       ant-user
Subject:    Help with log4j.disable
From:       Robert Priest <Robert.Priest () bentley ! com>
Date:       2002-07-30 13:59:21

Hello,

I have a simple Test class that logs messages at several different levels.
But I was trying to turn logging off via the properties file.
Most of the docs I read said to do a:

log4j.disable=FATAL

but it does not seem to work. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong here?

Here is my entire "log4j.properties" file:

log4j.disable=FATAL

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, dest1
log4j.appender.dest1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.dest1.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.dest1.layout.ConversionPattern=%-5p: %m%n

BTW - I have seen "log.disable" and "log4j.disable". I think "log4j.disable"
is proper. Can someone confirm?

Robert.