List:       ant-dev
Subject:    Re: [DISC] core extensions
From:       Diane Holt <holtdl () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-03-29 19:02:42

--- Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au> wrote:
> > * allow sequence to be specified in depends attribute or enhance
> >   antcall to work with current list of executed targets
>
> I don't think we should guarantee sequence. If the sequence is required,
> it can be set up but appropiate depends relationships.

I always assumed that the order in which you specified the targets in the
"depends" attribute was in fact the sequence in which they were executed,
and when I run targets that have a list of dependencies, I've never seen
it not execute them in that order -- has that just been luck? In any case,
I'm definitely +1 for having that be how it works.

> > * Make if/unless attributes to check for the value of a property, not
> >   only its existance.

As Pete would say, +1000000000 :)

Diane

=====