List:       ant-dev
Subject:    Re: Releasing Ant 1.9.8 (and maybe 1.10.0)?
From:       Stefan Bodewig <bodewig () apache ! org>
Date:       2016-12-21 13:40:41

On 2016-12-21, Maarten Coene wrote:

> I prefer a 1.9.8 release since we are still using Java 6 and we are
> suffering from the wrapper script issues.Personally I think the 'new
> feature'-set is a bit too small to have a 1.10.0 release, but I can
> follow Jan to create it nontheless as a signal.

OK, I agree.

As you may have noticed, I'm currently wading through the ~300 issues
Sonar considers serious and fix where I agree. I think Sonar has a point
where it complains about us ignoring InterruptedExceptions, but will
leave that for later (i.e. after the release).

Once I'm through, I'd start with the release process unless anybody
plans to work on anything in between.

Would you prefer to see the releases being cut one after the other or at
the same time? I don't think it would make a big difference for me
time-wise, I'd simply be holding back one release vote until I've
finished both builds - or I'd send two vote mails.

Stefan