List:       ant-dev
Subject:    AW: ExtensionPoints + Dependencies
From:       <Jan.Materne () rzf ! fin-nrw ! de>
Date:       2010-08-18 6:45:12

>IMHO you are wrong.  extensionOf adds C to the depends list of
>B but doesn't change anything for C itself.

So my target has to define the dependencies for itself.

I changed the names to more meaningful ones:

<project default="build">
    <echo>Ant-Version ${ant.version}</echo>

    <target name="init-ivy">
        <echo>Initialize Ivy (download ivy.jar, taskdef ...)</echo>
    </target>

    <extension-point name="metrics" depends="init-ivy"/>

    <target name="build" depends="metrics">
        <echo>Full Build</echo>
    </target>

    <!--
    Have to define the dependency so you could run this target
    directly from command line, outside of a "full build"
    -->
    <target name="checkstyle" extensionOf="metrics" depends="init-ivy">
        <echo>Ivy-Cachepath for downloading CS, taskdef it</echo>
        <echo>Running Checkstyle...</echo>
    </target>
</project>

Jan