List:       ant-dev
Subject:    RE: suggestion refactor SCM
From:       "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalberto () cellectivity ! com>
Date:       2005-09-29 9:51:16

> From: Kev Jackson [mailto:foamdino@gmail.com]
>
> On 29 Sep 2005, at 06:39, Brett Porter wrote:
>
> > I'd also agree with that. We fully intended to make Maven2 plugins
> > work as Ant tasks :)
> >
> > So with a wrapper,
> > http://maven.apache.org/maven2/scm/maven-scm-plugin/
> > these goals would become tasks and their parameters would match up
> > what's on the individual pages.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Just a worry about dependencies.  If Ant has to rely on other code
> from within maven for a set of maven plugins to run, we end up with a
> horrible interdependency (Maven needs Ant <-> Ant needs some % of
> Maven) just to compile ant.  Could get nasty.  But I agree if the
> work is there and the code can be taken and made common between
> projects, why not?

But this is the beauty about antlibs. There is no reason why these tasks
should generate any dependencies on ANT. They are a library that is
either present (the tasks available) or not present (the tasks not
available) as long as building the ant-core (the bootstrapping) does not
require using this tasks there should be no issue.

Am I missing something?

Jose Alberto