List:       ant-dev
Subject:    Can Ant know ANT_HOME?
From:       Steve Cohen <stevecoh1 () comcast ! net>
Date:       2005-05-23 1:28:30

I am trying to write a simple build.xml for debugging Ant setups.  One
of the things I would like to know is what ANT_HOME was defined as when
Ant launched.  But this does not seem to be a predefined ant property.
I naively thought that I could do
    <property environment="env"/>
    <echo>ANT_HOME=${env.ANT_HOME}</echo>
this will not work unless ANT_HOME is predefined in the environment.
The typical ant launch scripts will define ANT_HOME but not export it
into the environment.