List:       ant-dev
Subject:    Re: fileset inside IMPORT statement
From:       Alexey Solofnenko <trelony () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-04-30 15:34:48

The main advantange of using non-recursive builds is specifying corrent
target dependencies within subbuild files. That mean, for example, that
componentX.compile should depend on some other componentY.compile (or
componentY.jar, but using class directories is usually much easier). This
would allow future parallel executor to run more efficiently.

Seems reasonable, please file an enhancement bug. Personally I use a Jython
script to generate master build script. In addition to all includes it also
defines super targets that call the same targets in subbuilds (like "all",
"install", "unit-test", etc.).

- Alexey.

On 4/30/05, apache-ant@os10000.net <apache-ant@os10000.net> wrote:

> Dear developers,
>
> I have a number of interworven projects using the same libraries. After
> discovering several peoples' advice to "not use recursive make", I have
> decided that my main build file must include all subordinate ones.
>
> Can you please turn the "file" attribute of the import statement into a
> "fileset"?
>
> Thanks
>
> Oliver Seidel

Alexey N. Solofnenko mailto:trelony at gmail.com <http://gmail.com>