List:       annvix-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Network Install
From:       Vincent Danen <vdanen () annvix ! org>
Date:       2007-08-04 1:33:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

* Kieran Benton <kieranb@optushome.com.au> [2007-08-03 14:58:20 +1000]:

>>> Yeah sure sorry i will be installing on a machine that i would like
>>> to install over the network using tftp
>>
>> Ok.  I've never actually tried this (no idea if anyone else has or not).
>> I've actually been meaning to figure out and setup a tftp server with
>> various ISOs for testing and doing network installs but just haven't
>> gotten around to it.
>>
>> I suppose, for all intents and purposes, that it should work (i.e.
>> however you would setup Red Hat or Mandriva or whatever on the tftp
>> server should likewise work with Annvix).
>>
>> The actual how of how to do that (even for another distro), I don't know
>> as I've never done that.
>>
>> Hardly helpful, I know, but if you've done it with other distros I
>> suspect it should work here as well.
>>
>You also need the kernel to be compiled with support for it so i was
>wondering if annvix had a 32bit kernel compiled with it?
>i think its syslinux or something similar i was reading this greate
>article on how to set up tftp on a centos documentation
>http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/PXE/PXE_Setup

Have you actually setup a tftp server?

AFAIK, everything that needs to be there should be there in the kernel,
although I don't see anything specifically noted on that page.  If you
know what the option to enable is, I could tell in a matter of moments
whether or not it is enabled (and if not, could enable it).  But reading
that page doesn't tell me what said option is.  =(

But nice tutorial... I might actually have to get off my butt and give
it a try.

--
Vincent Danen @ http://linsec.ca/