List:       annvix-users
Subject:    Re: [users] How many people using Annvix?
From:       Vincent Danen <vdanen () annvix ! org>
Date:       2006-07-18 16:04:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

* Mark Watts <m.watts@eris.qinetiq.com> [2006-07-17 17:30:20 +0100]:

> > As far as I'm concerned, the 1.x series was the betas and primers...
> > stuff to make it known and interesting, but I'd really like to have 2.x
> > come out of the gate with some really compelling features and arguments.
> > In short, I'd really like 2.x to gain a lot more interest than 1.x did.
> > I think 2.x is going to kick ass, but I'd like to make sure other people
> > think the same thing.  =)
>
> To be honest, I've never tried it. I subscribed to the lists when I first
> heard you were starting the project, fully intending to get involved.
> Then I got Engaged and my priorities changed somewhat :o)

Yeah, I know what that's like... =)

> Point me at an ftp server I can mirror locally (and the latest install ISO)
> and I'll bung it on VMWare and give it a whizz.

Latest can be downloaded from one of the mirror sites:

http://annvix.org/index.php/Download

I still need to build a 2.0-CURRENT install ISO at some point, so the
latest is still 1.2-RELEASE.  A lot has changed since that release; I
really should get an ISO out for 2.0-CURRENT but I've been waiting to
finish migrating all the packages to a package/package-doc split and
make sure everything has been built with the latest gcc before offering
up an alpha/beta installer.

--
{FEE30AD4 : 7F6C A60C 06C2 4811 FA1C  A2BC 2EBC 5E32 FEE3 0AD4}
mysql> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;