List:       annvix-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Re: trouble in installation of xmlrpc
From:       Vincent Danen <vdanen () opensls ! org>
Date:       2004-02-17 16:37:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Feb 16, 2004, at 18:37, 金翊 wrote:

>>>   I attempted to install libxmlrpc0-0.51-6sls.amd64.rpm on my amd64
>>> platform with
>>> the linux kernel 2.4.19 and glibc-perf-2.3.2-0.But it told me
>>> "package
>>> libxmlrpc0-0.51-6sls is for a different architecture".How can I deal
>>> with it?
>>
>> Is this the only thing from OpenSLS that you have installed?  Why
>> would
>> you try to install the OpenSLS libxmlrpc0 on a non-OpenSLS system?
>> What's the host OS you're using?  Mandrake?  Red Hat?
>>
>> Not sure why it's giving you a wrong arch unless your system thinks
>> it's x86_64 and thinks it's not compatible which may be the case (and
>> why we would need to know what OS you're actually running).
>
>   The host OS I'm running is SUSE8.0 for x86_64 which I think is the
> same thing as
> amd64.And it is actually the first thing from OpenSLS I tried to
> install on my
> system for it didn't tell me it need any more thing from OpenSLS.

Can I ask why you decided to do this?

If you're not running a full OpenSLS, then there isn't much I can do to
help you.  If SUSE tags amd64 as "x86_64" rather than amd64 and the
system thinks they are different architectures, then there is a
problem.  There is also nothing we can do to resolve the problem...
this is something that, if you really feel you need to have this one
file installed, you'd have to bring it up with SUSE.

Personally, I'd just grab the src.rpm and recompile it... it'll come
out as an x86_64 package and then you shouldn't have problems
installing it.

Installing one package on an entirely different distribution isn't at
all supported.  You'lll have to figure that one out on your own.

---
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
Online Security Resource Book; http://linsec.ca/
"lynx -source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import"
{FE6F2AFD : 88D8 0D23 8D4B 3407 5BD7  66F9 2043 D0E5 FE6F 2AFD}

["PGP.sig" (application/pgp-signature)]